Recipe for Baked Cod with Fall Salsa, Peas, Mango and a Side Salad
For 2 Adults and 2 Kids
1 C Halved seedless red grapes
¼ C Chopped red onion (or white if you don’t have red onion)
¼ C Chopped red bell pepper
1 T Balsamic vinegar
1.5 – 1.75 lbs. Cod
Frozen peas for 4 servings
Greens and toppings for side salad
The night before or earlier the day of, Combine grapes, onion, bell pepper and balsamic vinegar. Store in refrigerator.
Pre-heat oven to 350
Set the table ahead of time. You will be sitting down in 10 minutes!
Take fall salsa out of the refrigerator.
- Lay cod on a lightly sprayed roasting pan and lightly spray the cod with canola oil spray.
- Sprinkle 1 t basil, 1 t thyme, and ½ t salt on fish.
- Put fish in oven for 8 minutes.
- Pour frozen peas in a microwavable dish and microwave for 2 min. Test for doneness. Cook an additional minute if necessary. Divide across 4 plates.
- Cut a Mango, and divide across all 4 plates.
- Portion greens and add toppings.
- Pull fish from oven, portion, top with fall salsa and serve.